Saturday, December 1, 2007

OCDs amongst other things...

Call it an OCD for measuring things or call them digressions of my idle mind but more often than not, I find myself trying to find better ways to measure things around me...

I'm the sort of guy who, if he hears a mathematical calculation being said aloud anywhere (...so you take 14 and multiply it by 57 and subtract the answer from the highest possible number that can be formed by rearranging the digits of the answer), will have to stop and follow each step and come up with the answer before moving on to other things.

The sort of guy who can't let an unfinished calculation stay unfinished... the sort of guy who has to read everything he looks at, who can't help but end up reading everything he lays his eyes on...

However, don't mistake my compulsion of reading with having a great memory... my memory sucks, although over the past few months I think my memory's coming back to me... it helps to hang out with friends who were even more self-absorbed during the good ol' times (or are right now) to remember details...

Anyway, mathematical calculations and reading are a couple of my compulsions...

More to follow in subsequent posts...




P.S. 14 * 57 = 14 * 60 - 14 * 3 = 840 - 42 = 798. 987 - 798 = 189.

No comments: